It has been so hot these past few days it can be almost unbearable to stand in a kitchen cooking anything, but I’ve discovered the best (and easiest) Summer recipe! The best part is it only takes 20 minutes and there’s no need to even stay in the kitchen while it cooks!
I’m a big fan of salmon, but some people can find it intimidating to cook. For this Salmon and vegetable recipe not only is the food easy to cook, but the cleanup is even better! You only need one baking dish!
You will need: a salmon filet for each person (fresh or frozen will work), 1 pint fresh cherry tomatoes, 1-2 cups of a fresh or frozen green vegetable (I used brussel sprouts, but green beans or broccoli will work as well), 1 lemon, a few sprigs of rosemary, 2 tbsps olive oil, and seasoning including salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and spray nonstick cooking oil in a 9×13 pan.
- Place the salmon filets in the center of the pan leaving 2-3 inches of space on either side of the fish. I recommend if you’re cooking for more than 4 people to use another pan and repeat the steps below for each pan.
- Top each filet with a slice of lemon and a 1-2 inch sprig of rosemary.
- On one side of the fish place your cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with salt.
- On the other side of the fish place your green vegetables. Since I used brussel sprouts I sprinkled with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder, but for any other vegetable I would just use salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the 2 tbsps of olive oil onto the salmon.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes or until the fish is flaky.
Feel free to serve this dish with some corn on the cob or fresh fruit!
Make sure to check back for a delicious gluten-free carrot cake recipe I’ll be making for my birthday!